Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Firmware for A1 Dark Screen Issue
Exclamation 
Anyone who gets a NEXBOX A1 box with the dark screen issue can have a try with this test version. No matter whether you have the dark screen or not. To make sure this version can fix the problem but not break the device. 

Firmware here 
https://mega.nz/#F!hs4zGBbZ!mVdmyV7i-ULsiZkhPVsX2A (This firmware is for NEXBOX A1 with 6330 wifi module)

https://mega.nz/#F!A1hyAD7K!kmmEJPIRUyDQNgx9V-E6Vw (This firmware is for NEXBOX A1 with 9377 wifi module)

Try it then give your feedback here.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Xiaomi is gettting popular in the world.
@Alina

Any Change log on this?

Any of the following bugs addressed?:

1) The Dark Video Bug (only seem to affect certain users).
2) The Green/Pink Video bug (Again only effects some users).
3) The Restricted profiles bug - once a restricted profile is activated by a user , the user is locked into it and the only way out is a factory reset.
4) The Casting Bug , when you try and "cast" (from the top drop down) to a external source ie Chromecast - a black screen results and no video.
5) The BBC Iplayer Downloads bug - Downloads from the BBC Iplayer app only play audio - no Video - just black screen.
(We know this is a Nexbox bug , as these downloads play perfect on other Android boxes)
6) The External Keyboard bug?
Friz's Nexbox File Repository:
https://mega.nz/#F!F9xjTSSa!R0vJfTC2U6Qc2skNMrr1iQ
Friz's Nexbox A95x (s905x), A1/A3 Facebook Page: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nexboxcrazy/
Friz's SmallRT X1 , X2 , X3 Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Smallrt
(01-16-2017, 06:33 PM)friz Wrote: @Alina

Any Change log on this?

3) The Restricted profiles bug - once a restricted profile is activated by a user , the user is locked into it and the only way out is a factory reset.
4) The Casting Bug , when you try and "cast" (from the top drop down) to a external source ie Chromecast - a black screen results and no video.
5) The BBC Iplayer Downloads bug - Downloads from the BBC Iplayer app only play audio - no Video - just black screen.
(We know this is a Nexbox bug , as these downloads play perfect on other Android boxes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm waiting to find out as well. Just recieved my A95x and set it up yesterday with a restricted profile so my child couldn't access rated pg13 or higher. Now i'm locked out and unable to fix the issue. I am not teck savey and unsure how to flash or whatever i need to do to restore this. I'm suprised this issue has been going on for so long now and the company hasn't fixed this issue with an update and to make it easier to do a soft fact reset that keeps preinstalled apps when i first started it. Knew this device was to good to be true.Huh
(01-18-2017, 07:24 PM)Ins0mniac Wrote:

Any Change log on this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm waiting to find out as well. Just recieved my A95x and set it up yesterday with a restricted profile so my child couldn't access rated pg13 or higher. Now i'm locked out and unable to fix the issue. I am not teck savey and unsure how to flash or whatever i need to do to restore this. I'm suprised this issue has been going on for so long now and the company hasn't fixed this issue with an update and to make it easier to do a soft fact reset that keeps preinstalled apps when i first started it. Knew this device was to good to be true.Huh

I have personally reported this DIRECTLY to Nexbox at least FOUR times now , I find it hard to believe that its not a pretty easy fix for them. and to be honest , they have never commented on it or even acknowledged it..

The bottom line here is that it is a good device (I still believe that) , they just need to get a handle on the bugs that are causing sales to drop. I dont think they realise how little things like this piss people off...

It can be easily fixed by doing a "factory reset" - there is a video in my FAQ. But of course it wipes any configuration stuff you have done..
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Xiaomi is gettting popular in the world.
(01-18-2017, 09:34 PM)friz Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 07:24 PM)Ins0mniac Wrote:

Any Change log on this?

I have personally reported this DIRECTLY to Nexbox at least FOUR times now , I find it hard to believe that its not a pretty easy fix for them. and to be honest , they have never commented on it or even acknowledged it..

The bottom line here is that it is a good device (I still believe that) , they just need to get a handle on the bugs that are causing sales to drop. I dont think they realise how little things like this piss people off...

It can be easily fixed by doing a "factory reset" - there is a video in my FAQ. But of course it wipes any configuration stuff you have done..
------
I understand that it may be easy to do the factory reset but as someone without a computer this isn't as easy. But I have managed to out think the box and am happy to say I fixed the problem and would like if you can pass this along. What I've learned by messing with it is if you take the power cable out while still powered up, it will hard reset itself. Once the nexbox logo disappears from your TV screen you'll have a short amount of time in the non restricted profile to hurry to (settings/security & restrictions/restricted profile/and delete restrict profile) you'll have a short amount of time to put in your 4 digit code for this to work before it switches back to restricted profile. I had to do this 6 times and accomplished it. Reset the box and have been easy sailing for the last hour out of restricted mode. Hope this helps the non tech people like myself. I personally don't take any responsibility for anyone's to break but this worked for me so good luck.
Ins0mniac

Thank you very much for posting this temp Fix..

I will put it in my FAQ and of course give you the necessary credit.

It will help a lot of people until Nexbox produce a firmware with a more permanent fix..

Just to note , you can do a factory reset WITHOUT having to have access to a computer ,the video is in my FAQ. But your solution is far better , as it does not wipe all your data..

Thank you again..

Friz
Flashed yesterday, video is improved but audio is only 2ch no matter what settings, had 5.1 in build that came with the A1
Please fix the compatibility with skype that sometimes comes a green screen with Firmware: 201611211550. Sorry for my english.
(01-23-2017, 04:12 AM)deivid25 Wrote: Please fix the compatibility with skype that sometimes comes a green screen with Firmware: 201611211550. Sorry for my english.

Did you try with the latest firmware to see if this still happening?
Photo 
(01-23-2017, 09:12 AM)gatos814 Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 04:12 AM)deivid25 Wrote: Please fix the compatibility with skype that sometimes comes a green screen with Firmware: 201611211550. Sorry for my english.

Did you try with the latest firmware to see if this still happening?

yes friend, my webcam is logitech C270, They hear me but they do not see me, sometimes the image is seen but we have to try many times, most of the time it turns green. Sorry for my english.

[Image: 2f03atk.jpg]
[Image: 2vxq893.jpg]