Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CUSTOM FIRMWARE-Y2-->NEXBOX-A1-MOD
This mod firmware has the latest test version of Nexbox A1 to work with the YUNDOO Y2 100% !
Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!mUt12KQK!8_BRzGzhUf5CV...Rc_eJ3Eqz8

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS :

- VIA USB!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Xiaomi is gettting popular in the world.
UPDATE_1 :  Fixed bootloop after installing Superuser !

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS :

- VIA USB!

https://mega.nz/#!ncEQDTAK!A_VDyTXHYbFVU...dIwTrSm8yY

Known bug : Android settings crashes after choosing "About media box"
Thank you , but what can I do if I have not a USB to USB cable?
Is it possible to update with SD card?
Is the problem with the green screen on Philips TV removed in this firmware?

Thank you
First of all it's not tested with sd, so i don't recommend it !
And yes, in most of old SONY/PHILIPS the problem with green screen is gone !
This firmware is based on the latest test firmware of Nexbox A1!
We are waiting for the admin to publish the latest firmwares for all S912 chips !
By the way ,China have National holiday till Friday i think ,so we have to wait a little longer......!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Xiaomi is gettting popular in the world.
Thank you

Excuse me. And can I put this firmware from NEXBOX A1 https://mega.nz/#F!hs4zGBbZ!mVdmyV7i-ULsiZkhPVsX2A on YUNDOO Y2 via SD? And will she save me from the green screen? Sorry for my English
Hello gatos814 I have a question. Is there any unrooted firmware for Y2?
(04-02-2017, 10:50 AM)gatos814 Wrote: First of all it's not tested with sd, so i don't recommend it !
And yes, in most of old SONY/PHILIPS the problem with green screen is gone !
This firmware is based on the latest test firmware of Nexbox A1!
We are waiting for the admin to publish the latest firmwares for all S912 chips !
By the way ,China have National holiday till Friday i think  ,so we have to wait a little longer......!

Can I use my Yundoo Y2 to download your Custom Firmware to an USB Thumb Drive and then use the USB Thumb Drive to update my Yundoo Y2's Firmware?

After installing your Custom Firmware, will all the present data in my Yundoo Y2 (for example all the Apps) be deleted and if that be the case, how can I re-install the said present data to my Yundoo Y2.
(04-08-2017, 10:57 AM)Fitness Wain Wrote: Can I use my Yundoo Y2 to download your Custom Firmware to an USB Thumb Drive and then use the USB Thumb Drive to update my Yundoo Y2's Firmware?

After installing your Custom Firmware, will all the present data in my Yundoo Y2 (for example all the Apps) be deleted and if that be the case, how can I re-install the said present data to my Yundoo Y2.

First of all no , can't updated via a usb drive !
Now before do anything you can follow this tutorial (http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...60#pid3060) and make a full backup of your tv box via TWRP !
After that you can flash again and again (only via usb tool) any firmware you like and restore only the data from TWRP and all will be ok!
Good luck!
Thank you for the advice.
Please advise what is the "usb tool" and where I can download it.
Is that I can only flash or update the firmware of my Yundoo Y2 through a PC?
How I can find out the firmware version of my Yundoo Y2?
Thanks.
Usb tool is the tool to flash the firmwre via PC !
And for me it's the better way to do this!
Now , you can check the version of your tv box thru settings-->about mediabox!
Enjoy!