Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hand controller is shorted out
I have had my Yundoo Y6 for several months, and it has been an excellent experience. However I now find that the hand controller - the one that turns the box on and off - is shorted. The red LED is on and stays on, and will not connect to the box. I have attempted taking the batteries out and letting it sit, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Is there a way to replace the hand controller, or do I need to spend another USD75 to replace yet another boxc? I don't believe the keyboard can turn the Y6 on or off; if there is a trick for this, I'd like to know what it is

Thanks

Mike Agner
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
For beginning, check the remote control thru your phone's camera to see if it's working.....
Good luck!
(04-04-2017, 01:09 PM)gatos814 Wrote: For beginning, check the remote control thru your phone's camera to see if it's working.....
Good luck!
Unfortunately I don't have a cell phone... I see from another distributor that the Y6 is now shipped with an 'Air Fly Mouse'. Are these compatible with units sold by Amazon over the last year, or just newer units? Thanks
Unfortunately the only way to open the tv box is via native remote...
All the other "jobs" are perfectly made by an air mouse........
So first find a smartphone with camera and check if the remote is working....
After that there are a lot of air mouses that can be programmed to open/close the tv box without the original one(http://www.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/p...shareasale) but unfortunately the setup needs the original one!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Hi.
Same problem. Remote controller is not working.
Its red light is always on.
I did the test with smarthphone camera and the light is on when i press a key.
I have install CetusPlay and it works good, except that i can't turn Yundoo Y6 on when it is on stand by mode (red light on). The only way i have found to turn it on again is taking the power off and then on.
(12-30-2017, 07:09 PM)andregps Wrote: Hi.
I have install CetusPlay and it works good, except that i can't turn Yundoo Y6 on when it is on stand by mode (red light on). The only way i have found to turn it on again is taking the power off and then on.

Try a factory reset for start!
Regards....
(12-30-2017, 08:15 PM)gatos814 Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 07:09 PM)andregps Wrote: Hi.

Try a factory reset for start!
Regards....

factory reset on yundoo or on the hand controller? how can i do that on both?
On Yundoo first!