Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nexbox A1 very dark video, bright very low mx player, kodi and more players video.
Amlogic s905x nexbox a95x 2/16gb and s912 nexbox a3 problem video dark video playing kodi, mx player and more players it's bag android 6.0 Dark brightness by 50%. Please settle this in the next update thanks!
(10-02-2016, 05:32 AM)Avibar44 Wrote: Amlogic s905x nexbox a95x 2/16gb and s912 nexbox a3 problem video dark video playing kodi, mx player and more players it's bag android 6.0 Dark brightness by 50%. Please settle this in the next update thanks!

I have the same problem (a95x 2/16G). I think that it's a problem with the autobrightness functionality when detects a screen area much more bright than rest. For example, when you see a movie or tvshow with subtitles the brightness is constantly increase/decrease and it's very unconfortable.

Does anyone have a working solution for this problem?

Thanks!
Besides the brightness functionality, the colours of the video are very cool. Someone has to adjust his tv on very warm colour settings to offset the cool colours of the android box.

I strongly believe that this is hardware problem.
One owner of this box has found a nonpractical but efficiently solution:

"Apparently this is a firmware issue and i have figured out a solution. The solution is not persistent and might be unique to my tv box and monitor setup only, so i don't know if it will work for anyone else

There is a video test file on the box which is part of the deviceTest diagnostics. Either run the device test and then do a video test or just find the video test file in the movies folder and run it using the built-in android video player.

Playing it through the installed Movie player or kodi or mx player does not correct the video color issue. Its not some special video file but playing it for even 1 second corrects the hdmi color mode.

Suspend resume doesnt affect the fix but upon reboot or shutdown the video has to be played again to correct the color mode."

If still curious, the test video is inside the movies folder in the root directory. The file which is also labeled as ' test' doent have any file extension, so it wont show up as a playable format. Therefore use a file explorer (which this box already have two of) and play as a video file and then select the 'video player' as the app to run it.

Alternatively, you could also just locate and run the devicetest app on the box which is also already installed. This app also has a shortcut programmed on the remote which is the options key (the key right above the keypad's 3 digit). Hold it for 3 seconds and the app will execute. Use the video test option to play the video.
Have you checked your TV settings?
TVBoxNews.com, http://www.tvboxnews.com/
(10-08-2016, 03:10 AM)admin Wrote: Have you checked your TV settings?

The TV is not the problem  Angry

I have the same problem that user Ant21 with video darkness and the TV settings are ok. The problem is the A95x. Using the same Tv with another android box I haven't any brightness issue, It working fine.

After run the video test the problem not appears in the A95x until the unit isn't rebooted. I think that during the test the system detects that light sensor or ambient sensor is not present (or something else)  and disable the  autobrightness function.

Please solve this problem.

Regards.
same problem here dark and nothing to do with the tv
(10-10-2016, 10:07 AM)gerardo66 Wrote: same problem here dark and nothing to do with the tv

Try the solution explained by ant21. It works for me. Only remember that you need to pass the video test every time you reboot or shutdown the android box.

Regards.
Same problem with my A95X 2GB ram 16GB ROM nexbox. Picture in kodi is too dark and changing brightness constantly. On my RPI3 is much brighter (so not TV problem). How to fix it? I don't want to do the video test after every reboot!!!
Hi all,
I have the same problem with my A1 S912 2GB/16GB but playing test file is sorting out the issue.
I hope will be sorted out soon with new firmware.
Kind regards