Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOLAMEE D5 Firmware April Version Update
(05-30-2017, 07:49 AM)gabitzepii Wrote: This firmware is clean ,without tvmc , filmon or cloudtv. Anyway, the same issue with kodi button from remote (it open browser). Alina, this issue is unrepaired ? I like your name, you are romanian?

Thank you.

Gabi

It is a clean version that has no preinstalled app, you have to download the apps manually. Kodi button function is related to firmware version, newer firmware versions have no kodi preinstalled, so the kodi button just open the browser.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
(05-27-2017, 10:23 AM)Alina Wrote: D5 2GB+8GB Firmware
https://mega.nz/#!p0IhgI4K!q5nMzy-3_CrYVqHte1ts14HOwnBbD2mtJbzs4iC7AUQ

Hi

Is the 2+8 firmware compatible with the 2+16 box?
The 2G+8G firmware has bluetooth support while the 1G+8G version does not, so it is for 2G boxes with bluetooth wifi chip regardless of eMMC storage size (8G or 16G). Personally, I would not upgrade if old firmware is working fine but it is up to you. There are folks on this forum who upgraded (like me) and experienced new issues. Good luck!
(06-13-2017, 10:12 AM)nomsgadded Wrote: The 2G+8G firmware has bluetooth support while the 1G+8G version does not, so it is for 2G boxes with bluetooth wifi chip regardless of eMMC storage size (8G or 16G). Personally, I would not upgrade if old firmware is working fine but it is up to you. There are folks on this forum who upgraded (like me) and experienced new issues. Good luck!

Thanks. The old firmware was a disaster. Had endless playback issues with Netflix, Youtube and Kodi. Major sound delays and the video would skip at random intervals, very often. 

What new issues are you experiencing?
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
I had colorspace (RGB) issues...black levels got lighter. Although, in my case, I had an older TV which may be to blame. I reverted back to 5.1 (Dec 15 2016 release). Other users had issues with wifi connection, bluetooth and Kodi button on remote. You should upgrade...the current issues you mentioned are far worse than the potential new ones!
Thanks, already done so. So far, so good. I have the Kodi button issue which actually opens the browser and directs me to this site, but I can deal with that. If I encounter any other problems, I'll post em here.
Hello, I have the Kodi button back!
Fritz told us but I understood after April update.
Install April firmware and move to Help icon. Hold the Kodi button from remote for 2-5 seconds, until the desktop will flash and the Help icon will change in TVMC icon .After this , the Kodi button will work as it did before ,  it will launch Kodi.. This is if you are on the latest April Firmware!
Have a nice day!
Gabi.
The file is no longer available! 
Can somebody upload the 1gb + 8gb firmware?
(07-03-2017, 06:04 PM)pipo Wrote: The file is no longer available! 
Can somebody upload the 1gb + 8gb firmware?

The files are still available at the below link:

https://mega.nz/#F!Z5Ri1ZiB!XA-fPlwulrNbclQttsd1UA

I was able to download them without any problems. The files for the 1gb/8gb model are the ones with "rtl8189es" in the file name. The latest one is:

Dolamee_D5_rtl8189es_simple_tvmc_change_100_RK3229_6.0.1_20170410.img