Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to link a new remote
Thank you for all the help so far.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
OK LET'S GO.....
1. Download the file ''twrp.s905x.img'' from this link : http://www.memoryleaks.org/libreelec.tv/twrp/   
Then rename it to recovery.img
2. Download the file "SuperSU-v2.78_mod.zip" from this link : https://mega.nz/#!qINRTaAD!z5djC5FOeki7Y...JR4R3YpFwU
3. Copy "recovery.img" and "SuperSU-v2.78_mod.zip" to the root of your external SD card
4. Power down your device
5. Power up your device by pressing (and holding) reset button found in AV port (use a thin non-metal object - e.g. toothpick, plastic straw, etc)
Don't leave the reset button until you see the TWRP menu
6. "Swipe to allow modifications"
7. Go to "install" section choose "SuperSU-v2.78_mod.zip" and swipe to install
That's it...  you're rooted !
Now reboot and wait the tv box to open !

Go here : http://www.tvboxforum.com/attachment.php?aid=220  and download "remote.config"
After that with a root browser change the "remote.config"  inside system / etc
Also don't forget to change the permissions of this "remote.config"  to rw-r-r (644) to get it work !
Reboot and now ALL will be ok !

NOTICE : If you can't see the "SuperSU-v2.78_mod.zip" in your sd card repeat all the procidure   but this time use a usb stick to put the "SuperSU-v2.78_mod.zip" , change storage  inside the TWRP and install it from there !!

GOOD LUCK!
Ok I'll try it out. Am I renaming the remote.config.zip to remote.config.
No just unzip it !
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
i have to unzip and load to USB first right? Because when I reboot the twrp doesn't show! It just gives me the same reboot screen with the fallen over android guy. So I have recovery.img on the usb. The super and the remote all unzipped. And I can't get past the android reboot screen. The one with all the options and the fallen over droid.

Ok nevermind. I set it all up. With permission as Rw-r-r. 640. It still doesn't work. Would you say the new remote is junk at this point?
First check the led in front of the remote with the smartphone's camera and see if really working (put the led down of the camera's lens and if working you will see it in the smartphone's screen) !
Also check if there is an SU (root) app inside your tv box (if not something went wrong)
It's very strange you know , because as you saw another one had this problem with the same replacment remote and solved it with this ''remote.config'' (T95Z Plus) !
What can i say....if the remote really working this way should fix it !
Good luck !
I have the su app on the screen. I'm pretty sure I used it right. Rebooted. And thing still didn't work. I'm about to just buy a wireless mouse at this point. Lol
Did you check the led in front of the remote with the smartphone's camera and see if really working (put the led down of the camera's lens and if working you will see it in the smartphone's screen) ?