Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y8 Latest Firmware Released
I s this current update a fix for android 6.1 or is it updated to android 7.1.1?
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. But, Astrill VPN can be used by 5 persons or devices at the same time!
This firmware it is Rooted by default? Thanks
(07-06-2017, 10:00 PM)pickone Wrote: This firmware it is Rooted by default? Thanks

Yes.

(06-29-2017, 12:46 AM)billsolo Wrote: I s this current update a fix for android 6.1 or is it updated to android 7.1.1?

Fix.
(06-09-2017, 03:30 AM)Alina Wrote: Y8 Latest Firmware

Change log:
1.Optimization system
2.Fix youtube streaming video issue.
3.Update Tv Store, K-addons,TVMC apks(need reset to take effect).

I wonder when Alina and Co. will do on the Y8 Android 7?  Huh
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. But, Astrill VPN can be used by 5 persons or devices at the same time!
Just ordered the yundoo y8 on gearbest, and now I see all these bugs people are having and wondering if I should cancel my order.

Has new firmware resolved most issues?  There doesn't seem to be any infos on this....

Is the latest Kodi issues fixed?

I pretty much only use my box for Kodi so I am anxious to know what has been fixed or not.

Can we easily update firmware using OTA straight from the store or do we need to find new working firmware and use USB?  In the gearbest website they advertise it as ota but reading the entries of many it does not seem to be the case.

I thank you for guidance.
(06-12-2017, 04:36 PM)Dimon_M Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 11:51 AM)nssf6257 Wrote: So why can´t update the firmware via OTA? the messege tell me that already had the last version...

I updated via OTA LAN Ethernet  (came the patch ~63 MB) - the firmware became  20170605****

Did firmware 20170605**** fix Kodi, video playback, & YouTube issues? I have a Y8 on order. Some YouTubers are starting to give this box some really bad reviews.

Update: Per Gearbest support, YUNDOO Y8 can not support KODI which means they will not be addressing the codec issues. Also, box does not have SD card slot and supports external HDD only up to 2TB. These were deal breakers for me. Canceled my order. Maybe I'll get the Nvidia Shield or another MINIX NEO U9-H.
(07-19-2017, 10:16 PM)vhjf Wrote: Just ordered the yundoo y8 on gearbest, and now I see all these bugs people are having and wondering if I should cancel my order.

Has new firmware resolved most issues?  There doesn't seem to be any infos on this....

Is the latest Kodi issues fixed?

I pretty much only use my box for Kodi so I am anxious to know what has been fixed or not.

Can we easily update firmware using OTA straight from the store or do we need to find new working firmware and use USB?  In the gearbest website they advertise it as ota but reading the entries of many it does not seem to be the case.

I thank you for guidance.

Per Gearbest support, YUNDOO Y8 can not support KODI which means they will not be addressing the codec issues. Also, box does not have SD card slot and supports external HDD only up to 2TB. These were deal breakers for me. Canceled my order. Maybe I'll get the Nvidia Shield or another MINIX NEO U9-H (which I own and absolutely love).
(08-21-2017, 04:20 PM)steveg32 Wrote: Did firmware 20170605**** fix Kodi, video playback, & YouTube issues? I have a Y8 on order. Some YouTubers are starting to give this box some really bad reviews.

Update: Per Gearbest support, YUNDOO Y8 can not support KODI which means they will not be addressing the codec issues. Also, box does not have SD card slot and supports external HDD only up to 2TB. These were deal breakers for me. Canceled my order. Maybe I'll get the Nvidia Shield or another MINIX NEO U9-H.
YouTube for Android TV 1.3.11 (firmware 2017.06.05) does not support HW RK3399!

But the new version of YouTube is going great:
YouTube (Android TV) 2.00.19 (for Y8 only arm8 64-bit)  Wink

KODI 17.3 (arm64) works in SW.
FTMC v.30 - HW (no hi10p @ 5.1)

Hi10p play in MX player in SW with additional cooling and with another power supply 5A:

HW CPU: +30-33C
SW CPU: +45-52C

(08-21-2017, 05:29 PM)steveg32 Wrote: or another MINIX NEO U9-H (which I own and absolutely love).
AMLogic - full shit, poor-quality and fuzzy picture.

(08-21-2017, 05:29 PM)steveg32 Wrote: Maybe I'll get the Nvidia Shield or
The best option, but expensive.
@Alina, can you please update the firmware to Android 7.1, or at least release the code on a way that some developer could do it? Yundoo made an amazing TV box, with really nice hardware an very competitive pricing, but the software still have a lot to fix... If you do not have the resources to do it, why not using the community?
Please take that in consideration...
YUNDOO support does not exist, bad purchase for the holders of this box. The best solution to sell on the used market is as I have already done and switch to another box. Never buy brand YUNDOO ... !!