Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual keyboard does not pop up
Hi,

I just received Yundoo Y8 today. But the unit does not show virtual keyboard when it should pop up. I tried factory reset once. But it didn't work. Can anyone help me on this please?
(07-11-2017, 02:48 PM)ccchot Wrote: Hi,

I just received Yundoo Y8 today. But the unit does not show virtual keyboard when it should pop up. I tried factory reset once. But it didn't work. Can anyone help me on this please?

Make sure it is enabled:

Settings > Preferences > Keyboard
Yes I did set up the keyboard. But it still does not work. Any other ways to fix this please?
(07-14-2017, 02:32 PM)ccchot Wrote: Yes I did set up the keyboard. But it still does not work. Any other ways to fix this please?

Go to Settings > Apps > Android Keyboard > Force Stop and then Clear Data and also, Clear Cache

Go to Browser or any app that require typing.
(07-14-2017, 02:56 PM)nomsgadded Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 02:32 PM)ccchot Wrote: Yes I did set up the keyboard. But it still does not work. Any other ways to fix this please?

Go to Settings > Apps > Android Keyboard > Force Stop and then Clear Data and also, Clear Cache

Go to Browser or any app that require typing.

Thanks for your kind help. But unfortunately it still doesn't work ??
(07-16-2017, 03:58 PM)ccchot Wrote: Thanks for your kind help. But unfortunately it still doesn't work ??

That is strange...did you connect a physical keyboard to your box via bluetooth before? If so, you must unpair the keyboard before the virtual keybaord can work.
(07-17-2017, 05:17 AM)nomsgadded Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 03:58 PM)ccchot Wrote: Thanks for your kind help. But unfortunately it still doesn't work ??

That is strange...did you connect a physical keyboard to your box via bluetooth before? If so, you must unpair the keyboard before the virtual keybaord can work.

No I did not pair anything. I just turned it on forn first time set up when I recieved it. The virtual keyboard's never shown up since then
Try to download from playstore gboard and see if its working!
Regards..
(07-17-2017, 03:18 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Try to download from playstore gboard and see if its working!
Regards..

It still doesn't work as well. I think I may need until the new firmware is released.
I use a mini USB wireless backlit keyboard/touchpad instead of the virtual keyboard. It is really convenient and saves me the hassle. Perhaps you should consider this option. These things are very cheap...you can get one for $6 US with free shipping:

https://m.tomtop.com/tv-dongle-accessori...v2818.html