Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMALLRT X2 Flash Firmware Guide, Download and Flash Upgrade
1. Download the firmware and SD tool.
SMALLRT X2 (1GB+8GB) Firmware download
SMALLRT X2 (2GB+8GB) Firmware download
SD tool download
2. Unzip the compressed firmware and SD tool files on your computer desk.
3. Insert the SD card into your computer.
4. Double-click the SD tool file[Image: 1-1.png] , and then open the SD_Firmware_Tool.exe file[Image: 2-1.png] . It will show a window like below:
[Image: 3-1.png]
  •  [Image: 4-1.png] Here to choose the SD card which you use to flash

•  [Image: 5-1.png] Tick this option.

• [Image: 6-1.png] Choose the image file[Image: 7-1.png]

•  Click the Make button. Then it will show several windows, successively click “OK(确定)” “Start(开始)” “OK(确定)” “OK(确定)”, until it shows the following windows:
[Image: 8-1.png]
[Image: 9-1.png]
Click “OK(确定)”. The SD upgrading card is completed.
5. Unplug the SD card from your computer and insert it in the TF card slot on your SMALLRT X2 TV box. Then connect the HDMI cable, next press the recovery key in AV hole (you can use a pin or some other tools) and do not release, last plug the power.
[Image: 10.png]
 6. Upgrading
[Image: 11.png]
7. Finished
[Image: 12.png]

Source: SMALLRT

[url=http://www.ismallrt.com/smallrt-x2-flash-firmware-guide/attachment/12/][/url]
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Hi,

I just got my box and the Help Page isn´t loading anything, it just lingers. I also tried going to the K Addons and when I click on any of the options, it just stalls.

So I´m guessing I need to upgrade this firmware? Can I do this with a USB key? I don´t have an SD card.

Thanks!
For start , do a factory reset!
(11-11-2017, 06:26 AM)gatos814 Wrote: For start , do a factory reset!

Hi!

I did, and now I was finally able to get the help page to load (very slowly) and click on the TVMC download.

The issue now is that it starts to download, stays at 0% and then goes to "Queued" and finally to an "Unsuccessful".  I've retried several times and same results.  Been at it for over an hour.

Could it be a WiFi connector issue? I have a solid internet signal and all other WiFi devices are up to speed.

Thanks!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Test and other apps with this wifi , like speed test and see if it has any difference..
Maybe it's a restricted issue or something.....!
Maybe needs some google updates and goes to "Queued" !
Otherwise ... you may be have to reflash the stock firmware!
What can i say.....
Good luck!
(11-11-2017, 06:22 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Test and other apps with this wifi , like speed test and see if it has any difference..
Maybe it's a restricted issue or something.....!
Maybe needs  some google updates and goes to "Queued" !
Otherwise ... you may be have to reflash the stock firmware!
What can i say.....
Good luck!

Hi again,

No other apps worked.

I bought an SD card to do the firmware upgrade, followed the instruction to the dot and now I am left with a dead box.

When I plugged the power in last, the Small Rocket White Screen cam up first, then dissapeared and it did nothing afterwards.  I made sure the recovery pin in the AV hole click and did not release until after the screen became black, and nothing.  The box just shows the red light inside but no activity.

Any suggestions on how to reactivate?

Thank you!
I'm afraid you'll have to buy (if you don't have) a usb male to male cable and flash it this way!
And after that all will be ok!
Good luck!