Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I purchased SEVEN.. z68 boxes from GeekBuying all are faulty
Hi there people... sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but here goes..

I purchased 7 z68 units from geekbuying .. 3 months ago… 

2 days ago i finally got around to testing, i live in AU, and for family and friends, i help them to get greek streams..

All of the units have inactive wifi.. greyed out… i thought it was a kernel issue, so i flashed the kernel from my other z68 box… still no luck..

then i flash stock firmware using your software ..see attachment please..

still no luck…the thing is... i have had several of these boxes and tested different roms... yours is the best... but i know the other rooms function ok..

with the units i bout from GeekBuying.. its as if they all were seconds.... can you help as GeekBuying are a bit rubbish...

i am pulling my hair out here…

can you help me?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you please give us more info about your issue...
Which is ''our" firmware you have tested?
Are you having problems with the wifi or windows are not identify your tv box?
And please write with bigger letters!
Regards...
im not too sure... its the original firmware from Shelly... and she sent me the flash program... i have used it a few times... i love the z68... and have purchase around 2o units all with great results... the 7 from GeekBuying are all very strange,... they behave sluggish... and struggle ..
If i flash roms... the wifi still is greyed,... which suggests that it is a hardware issue?/.... which means Geekbuying sold me faulty goods?
Regards
It's pretty sure that the ones from Geekbuying are with other hardware...!
Different wifi chip for sure and different eMMC maybe !
So you better ask Geekbuying for the right firmware!
Now can you provide the link with the firmware for helping other users?
Regards...
Hi thanks for the reply..
i do not have the link any more...i purchased through alibaba at the time, and they sent link through dropbox..
but its your original firmer..

GeekBox have been rubbish in taking ownership of this and responding.. but ill try again..
many thanks..
GOOD LUCK!
UPDATE..
Finally talked to GeekBuying.. and they have agreed to take them back.. on a sour note... I have to jump through hoops to get them there but at least they are refunding me... less postage
I think your opinion did the trick..
Many Thanks & Regards.
(10-20-2017, 09:46 PM)oksauce Wrote: UPDATE..
Finally talked to GeekBuying.. and they have agreed to take them back.. on a sour note... I have to jump through hoops to get them there but at least they are refunding me... less postage
I think your opinion did the trick..
Many Thanks & Regards.

Smile Smile Smile