Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Good News! The New 7.1 Version Firmware arrived
It should work with 1/8 6330 and other wifi chips AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8723xx (Bluetooth not working), 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8812XX. To get remote copy Remote.Conf from /system/Media (choose nexbox95x) to /system/etc (give permissions 644). I burn this rom with Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8 and a male to male USB cable. To avoid any problems dont try to boot recovery.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Rainbow 
(04-07-2018, 07:38 AM)yonasz Wrote: It should work with 1/8 6330 and other wifi chips AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8723xx (Bluetooth not working), 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8812XX. To get remote copy Remote.Conf from /system/Media (choose nexbox95x) to /system/etc (give permissions 644). I burn this rom with Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8 and a male to male USB cable. To avoid any problems dont try to boot recovery.

bricked, red light.
lost my nexbox... :-(

sad. mine was great, but my eyes shine with the AndroidTV possibility.

EDIT::::::::::
Ok... unbricked ....

Return to Android 7.1.
Good Lord!
(11-09-2017, 12:23 PM)FlyMAN007 Wrote: Now the nexbox a95x 7.1 firmware arrived.

1+8/2+8/ 2+16https://mega.nz/#F!QtZDFIBJ!iqCv6K1BjbsGrNdWUlhj2g

PS: 2+16 have two version,choose the right one like below.
model name(NEXBOX-A95X-AP6330)   ---> NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_7.1_bcm6255_6330_16g2g_171120preview_SD_USB.rar
model name(NEXBOX-A95X-QCA9377)  ---> NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_7.1_qca9377_16g2g_171120preview_SD_USB.rar
Thx for you guys support our products Big Grin

Please, include Sixaxis Controller App support. Nexbox a95x lacks PlayStation 3 controller support.
Hi!

Anyone has a problem with the Play Store?

When I want to download any App, ex: Google Chrome or Kodi, it says that the device is incompatible

Edit: My Nexbox is 16GB/2GB (AP6330)
Edit2: Nevermind... I made a Factory Reset and now I can download the apps from Play Store...
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
I have a small (or big) problem. It turns out that my brother bought a nexbox a95x pro and made him a brick. I was going to throw it away but he gave it to me in case I could fix it, and in that case he would give it to me. After many attempts with usb burning tool I have only managed to resurrect it with a rom called ATV experience. But I would like to restore the official one. The problem is that I do not know which device is the two that exist of 2 + 16 GB. I have looked in the box, I have even opened the tvbox to see the motherboard, and nowhere does it say if it is AP6330 or if it is QCA9377. How do you know the model? I hope it is not somewhere in the menu, because I have another different firmware.

Update: I see in the title that this rom is for nexbox A95x, I guess it is not valid for the pro model, right? Where can I find it?
(09-24-2018, 12:48 PM)franrubiales Wrote: I have a small (or big) problem. It turns out that my brother bought a nexbox a95x pro and made him a brick. I was going to throw it away but he gave it to me in case I could fix it, and in that case he would give it to me. After many attempts with usb burning tool I have only managed to resurrect it with a rom called ATV experience. But I would like to restore the official one. The problem is that I do not know which device is the two that exist of 2 + 16 GB. I have looked in the box, I have even opened the tvbox to see the motherboard, and nowhere does it say if it is AP6330 or if it is QCA9377. How do you know the model? I hope it is not somewhere in the menu, because I have another different firmware.

Update: I see in the title that this rom is for nexbox A95x, I guess it is not valid for the pro model, right? Where can I find it?

First of all this tv box of yours (A95X PRO) is having a totally different chip so it needs other firmware than A95X!
The bad thing here is that there is not an original stock firmware to flash it via usb method!
But don't worry...
There is an alternative way to restore the factory firmware likeTWRP method !
Look here : http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...3#pid19543
and if everything goes as it should use this update :
http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...4#pid19704
Good luck!
(09-24-2018, 04:44 PM)gatos814 Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 12:48 PM)franrubiales Wrote: I have a small (or big) problem. It turns out that my brother bought a nexbox a95x pro and made him a brick. I was going to throw it away but he gave it to me in case I could fix it, and in that case he would give it to me. After many attempts with usb burning tool I have only managed to resurrect it with a rom called ATV experience. But I would like to restore the official one. The problem is that I do not know which device is the two that exist of 2 + 16 GB. I have looked in the box, I have even opened the tvbox to see the motherboard, and nowhere does it say if it is AP6330 or if it is QCA9377. How do you know the model? I hope it is not somewhere in the menu, because I have another different firmware.

First of all this tv box of yours (A95X PRO) is having a totally different chip so it needs other firmware than A95X!
The bad thing here is that there is not an original stock firmware to flash it via usb method!
But don't worry...
There is an  alternative way to restore the factory firmware likeTWRP method !
Look here : http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...3#pid19543
and if everything goes as it should use this update :
http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...4#pid19704
Good luck!

Hi gatos814:

Thanks for answering!

I see that there are 2 roms on that web page: one is a firmware for Wechip V8 TV Box with Amlogic S905W and below there is someone who uploads two files of the A95X Pro, which is what interests me. The author points out the following: "One is an update and the other a backup". But I have some doubts: If you are on another system, such as ATVexperience, which already comes with TWRP, can I restore that backup that I downloaded from the A95X Pro directly from the TWRP recovery, or it can give problems if you do it with the ATVexperience firmware installed? ?

Finally, if I decide to install the update, is it a complete rom? I find it confusing, since in the world of Android smartphones there are two types of files: the updates and full updates. Not here? And you also comment: "and if everything goes as it should use this update". If both are updates and I can flash them, why not install the last one you put?

Thank you
(09-25-2018, 07:21 AM)franrubiales Wrote: Hi gatos814:

Thanks for answering!

I see that there are 2 roms on that web page: one is a firmware for Wechip V8 TV Box with Amlogic S905W and below there is someone who uploads two files of the A95X Pro, which is what interests me. The author points out the following: "One is an update and the other a backup". But I have some doubts: If you are on another system, such as ATVexperience, which already comes with TWRP, can I restore that backup that I downloaded from the A95X Pro directly from the TWRP recovery, or it can give problems if you do it with the ATVexperience firmware installed? ?

Finally, if I decide to install the update, is it a complete rom? I find it confusing, since in the world of Android smartphones there are two types of files: the updates and full updates. Not here? And you also comment: "and if everything goes as it should use this update". If both are updates and I can flash them, why not install the last one you put?

Thank you

I , wrote that !
So follow the instructions and use first the backup rom with your current TWRP!
And normally you'll be on stock firmware but without level 1 DRM !
After that with the stock firmware updates your tv box will become normal!
Don't forget , first to do a factory reset and wipe cashe and dalvik case!
Good luck!
Hi All.
I was not able to pass through DTS audio via HDMI or SPDIF on Android 6 and there is well known issue with Android API not been able to pass-through DTS so I upgraded to Android 7.1 last week. I thought that v7.1 of Android may better support passing-through surround audio,  However I still cannot pass-through DTS audio stream. Here are details. 

I have installed Android 7.1 on an Nexbox A95X last week and installed Kodi 17.6 from Google Play store. I have an older AVR unit which can only decodes Dolby Digital and DTS 5-1 bit-streams.  I have selected 2 speaker set-up and enabled Pass-through with Dolby Digital and DTS capable receivers selected. 'Sync to display has been' disabled. I can pass-thourgh Dolby Digital without any issue but I tried 3 different files with dts audio but I could not pass-through DTS stream.

Here is link to uploaded log file:  https://paste.kodi.tv/zaqaleciza  .

My question is : Does Android 7.1 on Nexbox A95X supports passing-through DTS audio? If I cannot pass-through DTS that would be ok as i have an older XIOS-DS unit which can do that. But I need to know it either way so that I can stop fiddling with my settings in vain attempt to make in work. 
Thanks.