Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering issue
Hello, two weeks after got device A95X A6.0 still fighting with flickering issue on my brand new AOC i2481FXH monitor.
I have no flickering issues while connected to the PC, or Set Top box while settings are on FHD
- after 5 minuter of running small flickering appears most when go to settings ( B\W picture with Wifi, Display , Sounds, Apps.... )
- after 15 up to infinity - massive flickering regardless of running app. on borders 5 mm thick like radiator white colored flickering ghost lights
NOW on latest update - flickering since beginning
TS steps:
- setup defaults - no fix
- inserted LAN cable/ unplugged - no change
- WiFi on/off - no change
- BT on/off - no change
- 32 GB SDHC Samsung class 10 inserted/removed - no change
- 3 different HDMI cables used - no change
- used almost all screen sizes - better for 2 minutes , than same
- ACAD plugged in 10 differrent plugs no change
- changed resolution in box settings - no change
- changed frequency on monitor no change

Due flickering is viewing films, games almost annoying

Than i decided to use older Panasonic LCD in my friends house - no flickering, even after multiple hrs of usage

Can you give me some advise what can cause this issue? Again, on none of my other devices like notebook, or Set Top Box similar issue.
(10-21-2016, 02:11 PM)flim Wrote: Than i decided to use older Panasonic LCD in my friends house - no flickering, even after multiple hrs of usage

Can you give me some advise what can cause this issue? Again, on none of my other devices like notebook, or Set Top Box similar issue.

According to me, this issue and others glitches,  is a result of bad drivers modules released by Amlogic developers , glued into android kernel hurry to release something to work for most. But not for all tv/monitors. 

I see problems with synchronizing image buffers and hdcp related checks when playng netflix stuff, I checking adb logcat info about this explain itself. 
You can looking into adb logcat if you want. The easy way for this , is installing SSH server under A95X and start it, next you can connect from a PC to A95X with ssh, once you are into A95x shell, simply type: adb logcat *:W and hit enter to start watch logging from your box...
(10-21-2016, 07:34 PM)Babiz Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 02:11 PM)flim Wrote: Than i decided to use older Panasonic LCD in my friends house - no flickering, even after multiple hrs of usage

According to me, this issue and others glitches,  is a result of bad drivers modules released by Amlogic developers , glued into android kernel hurry to release something to work for most. But not for all tv/monitors. 

I see problems with synchronizing image buffers and hdcp related checks when playng netflix stuff, I checking adb logcat info about this explain itself. 
You can looking into adb logcat if you want. The easy way for this , is installing SSH server under A95X and start it, next you can connect from a PC to A95X with ssh, once you are into A95x shell, simply type: adb logcat *:W and hit enter to start watch logging from your box...

Okay, but what to do to avoid this annoying flickering...logs does not fix anything.

Wait for new firmware, replace AOC monitor, replace A95X box? Price for monitor is 4 times higher.
Other thing is that i own old one SONY TV CRT with 100 Hz screen, and tried to use AV cable from HAMA to connect A95X to it.

First ... jack can not be inserted fully...because than i can not see anything, while jack inserted inside 3/4 picture is clear but absolutely not usable because of small fonts used. Sound only on left side or MONO. I used standard cable JACK to AV+R+L ( common used with camcorders ), but i really do not understand how it is done ( mean connectors ) by this devices. Till now i am not able to find which kind of AUDIO output cable should be used to connect with DTS capable Receiver.
Okay, but what to do to avoid this annoying flickering...logs does not fix anything.
Wait for new firmware, replace AOC monitor, replace A95X box? Price for monitor is 4 times higher.

Well... fixing this issue is work in progress by Nexbox team, (I guess) you only can wait for a new firmware release if you absolutely need to connect A95X tv box to incompatible tv/hdmi device.

Beware it is not may to be easy done, because hardware issues is hard to fix through software patches, if we assume a poor use of the driver module, there is a hope I guess.

And if the module driver released by Amlogic dev. is really "bugged" here is no chance for nexbox dev. team to find a solution, if they not are skilled enough to manipulate the source code in right way. 

If you like to build early firmware image from Amlogic source ? 
See this link:
http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox/

So you can download repository/git and compile some of module driver you like,or complete firmware image, alone with your skill.
 It's open Big Grin

Other options available for watch your UHD / HEVC stuffs , with your incompatible TV/Monitor?
...may to be, brought another android tv box NOT powered by Amlogic S905 SOC series and hope will work better.

For me , watching the logs output errors is more fun, Big Grin maybe try to build my own firmware image is best pratice for testing purpose, at least I'll try , nothing to lose.

Good luck.
@ Babiz, thank you for your input

- due this is not the question life or death i will wait for firmware update .... hope dies at least

for me is compiling absolute waste of time, i did not bought device to compile own modules

Bit different will be if this with REMIX would be able to be used as mini PC, i have found some threats where people reflash box
But the main question is same ...is it worth to waste time with it?

Has new processor from Amologic S912 same issue?
Any news .... i will appreciate in this forum list of checked MONITORS, TVs which supports A95X without need to re-flesh, compile or rebuild whole software inside this box.
Back to topic ... i made further knowledge

When is on my AOC monitor inserted NTB via HDMI ( HP Probook 4530s ) together with Nexbox ( another HDMI - this monitor has two inputs ) than by switching pictures between box and NTB it starts to flicker on NTB too. When i turned Nexbox off, it took monitor 20 minutes to " calm down " and after that time flickering disappeared on NTB. I am not talking about NTB display, but I mean AOC external display.
So it must be really something extreme disturbing to this monitor send from Nexbox via HDMI what cause these flickerings, and ghosting images.

If some of you is kind of electrician few tips would be fine. Change AC adapter for Nexbox, or for AOC?....No idea.

Again - while tested with another monitor - ACER - no problems with flickering
SAMSUNG TV - no problems, but by turning off apps flashed green for 0,2 sec each time, video playback very dark ( fix with test video used )

In box are running multiple apps, if i have pressed Alt+Tab ... wait a bit on each with mouse pointer and pressed on X. So by testing was no APP running in background.

I have ordered best shielded cable with two ferrites on each end here available ( almost half of box costs ) will test during next weekend.
Hello everybody used latest UPDATE from 5.11.2016 ( NEXBOX-A95X-AP6330-6.0.1-201611051014 )
- advanced settings disappeared
- while pressed Power button on remote device within seconds turned off ( no message appears - GOOD for me )
- added cleaning app
- KODI while something was running hangs and do not want to turn off ( screen stays on KODI EXIT...and nothing happens )

Used flash from SD CARD worked perfect !

REGARDING MY ISSUES WITH FLICKERING ON AOC i2481FXH MONITOR NO GOOD NEWS - SAME EVEN WORSE

Used best available double ferrite cores HDMI cable - flickering like HELL, on other monitors DELL, ACER, SAMSUNG no Issues.

My AOC monitor is getting ill from this device about 30 mins and also STB + my Probook flickered too.

Next day no flickering from STB, or Probook. Again while connected A95X same issue.

Seems A95X is sending something via HDMI what is extreme disturbing AOC monitor.....
Ive got a brand new vizio 70in tv and the a95x worked great for the first month on it. Now I am too getting very bad green flicker every 20 to 40 seconds. very annoying. The box is un touched. no firmware changes or updates. Only updates are to kodi addons like exodus and other addons.
Im going to try and do the latest firmware and see if any improvement. if it continues. Im going back to PI
Hi, I have exactly same AOC monitor and I found same issue. A95X run for approx. 1 hour and then start flickering. After that I turn it off, connect PC and flickering is still here, Now I turn AOC off and waiting, hope it will be all right. But with my LG TV is no problem, so I think it something with combo AOC and A95X. For everybody with AOC monitor - do not use this box with it ;-)
Hello ..when I update through online update then I dnt found latest firmware for my nexbox a95x 1g 8g?kindly help