Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolambee D5 2+16 update up from kobi 16.1
I have a Dolambee D5 with 2GB RAM and 16GB flash, 2.4G wifi.  With it, I also bought a Aerb 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad Rechargeable.  [I can't get the latter to install drivers or to work.]  Kodi works OK on the Dolambee D5 with the remote, but Kodi it tells me that version 16.1 is on now, and Kodi needs to be updated to a more current version.  I went to Google Play under Kodi update, but could not get the update from Google Play to be installed on my Dolambee D5.
Question 1:  How do I update Kodi on the Dolambee D5?
Question 2:  How do I get the mini keyboard to work with the Dolambee D5? 
Thank you.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. But, Astrill VPN can be used by 5 persons or devices at the same time!
For the mini keyboard i don't know , maybe look inside settings to enable it!
But for Kodi just uninstall this version , clean your tv box and install the latest version from playstore!
You can also go here : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...is-16-2-31
and test the latest fork Kodi with the name FTMC which have and a spesific Rockchip version
Good luck!
(11-22-2017, 07:51 AM)gatos814 Wrote: For the mini keyboard i don't know , maybe look inside settings to enable it!
But for Kodi just uninstall this version , clean your tv box and install the latest version from playstore!
You can also go here : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...is-16-2-31
and test the latest fork Kodi with the name FTMC which have and a spesific Rockchip version
Good luck!

Kind Sir:  

Thank you for your prompt response and expertise.
I am sure that you are a Kodi expert.  I need to advise you my observations, as follows:

The "Kodi" Dolambee D5 2+16 box that I purchased from Amazon seems to have been reprogrammed (open code and thereafter modified) by entities under the in
fluence and support of the cable companies and the motion picture industry association, for the following reasons:

I uninstalled my current Kodi 16.1, but can't install a Kodi above 17 from Google Play.  I also could not update Kodi before the uninstallation.  Adding to that, when I have gone to the Dolembee home page, one choice is the "AddOnsCenter."  When I have clicked that, nothing happens.  The AddOnsCenter has been immobilized by modifications to Kodi.  That means, it seems, that Dolembee has discouraged or prohibited AddOns to the Dolembee that it has sold.  Adding to that, my Dolembee refuses to allow a keyboard, making it further difficult to type in the URL's of add-ons.  Apparently, Dolembee is seriously discouraging AddOns.  I wonder why.

What I get from Dolembee's Kodi now (before uninstallation) was predominantly foreign channels in foreign languages.  It seems like Dolembee has modified Kodi to prevent anyone from getting domestic signals, except for CSPAN, three local network stations, and foreign news.

It is helpful that you referred me to a forum, but the forum does not have an answer for me.  It seems to me that a TV Streaming Box controlled by the cable companies hides US channels and movies, unless that Box is "fullly loaded."  Therefore, my Dolamee box is headed for return.  I advise anyone with anything but a "fully loaded" (and unmodified) Kodi software to return his TV Box.

Happy Thanksgiving! Smile
One thing left then now ...
Go and download FTMC
Uninstall any other version and via sideload install FTMC Rockchip version
Then go here : http://kodi-addons.club/addon/repository.kodil/1.3
download the latest kodil repo . zip and follow these instractions :
http://www.openmediacentre.com.au/tutori...-zip-file/
Then from kodil repo install whatever pluggings you want , like exodus etc...
I think it will work!
Good luck!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. But, Astrill VPN can be used by 5 persons or devices at the same time!
You dont need FTMC. Download kodi directly from kodi.tv/download (pick android, arm7 release) and search and find a build you want to use with it.