Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix on M8sProL stopped working
Yesterday my Netflix on M8S Pro L stopped working. The phone app works when downloaded from Apptoide  (but navigating with the remote is impossible) The TV App version gives an error NW-6-404. This is happening on both Mecool M8S ProL i have.

I contacted Netflix, and after a lot of questions they said that the box i have is not supported.

My question is, is there any way to get netflix working again (the TV APP version)? I tried uninstalling reinstalling, restarting, installing older versions, and nothing.

I am thinking of installing the freaktab ROM< but not sure if that would help. Any ideas?

If there is anyone here from mecool, are you aware of the issue? any planned fixes?
My box and my friend's presented the same defect.
Waiting for a solution or upgrade to Oreo.
(08-01-2018, 03:54 AM)franciwdison Wrote: My box and my friend's presented the same defect.
Waiting for a solution or upgrade to Oreo.

As of yesterday I am having the same issue (error NW-6-404). Contacted Netflix they said the box isn't supported (which officially never was in any case). Bought this box solely for Netflix, as my previous one couldn't support it (deja vu). The tablet version is practically unusable due to the fact that the remote is not supported and even with a mouse scrolling is a nightmare.

I would like to see some support from meCool such as a new firmware or something that will make Netflix HD work again, but to be honest judging from my experience from previous Chinese tv boxes it will end up as a fireplace decorative.
Same here.

I bought this box only because play Netflix in Full Hd without this the box is worthless for me.
Unfortunately all these tv boxes don't have original license!
From what i'm hearing all of these tv boxes after the latest update have this error NW-6-404 !
I think either they will find a solution and give an OTA update or either all of them will be useless for Netflix in HD !
Only time will tell!
Regards
(08-01-2018, 12:19 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Unfortunately all these tv boxes don't have original license!
From what i'm hearing all of these tv boxes after the latest update have this error NW-6-404 !
I think either they will find a solution and give an OTA update or either all of them will be useless for Netflix in HD !
Only time will tell!
Regards

I bought two Mecools M8S Pro L from Geekbuying not long ago.Before that I have bought about hmm,..10 items(or more) from Geek,phones,pads..and so on.

I sent an email regarding the error in my two Mecools.
Here is the answer from Geekbuying:

In that case,here are 3 solutions for you:
1> you can send it back to us for repairing,we will share the shipping fee with you( via the cheapest shipping way.)
2> we can do partial refund(20% of the price)you,and you need not to send it back to us.
3>you can buy it at a special price(5% off ).
Hoping get your confirmation.

Best regards
Jessie

Customer Service Representative
Geekbuying

This weekend I will dig in deep in my wallet and buy two Nvidia Shield TV´s.

I am pretty tired of the totaly usless support.

And I just had a chat whit Netflix and they seems to give different answers to many people.

I got the answer:It´s an issue for the manufacturer of the box.
What can i say.....
By the way this one claims that is ''Google Certified''
https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_00933...id=1433363
But who knows.......
Regards
Calm people, there is still hope. There is a solution. There is an application for Android Mobile Version that has a Fix to run Netflix in Full Hd in Box with DRM L1. How the M8S Pro L has this certification will work.
I already tested it and it is working in Full HD, You can confirm that in the synopsis the Logo (HD) will appear.
The inconvenience is that as the application is not Android Tv the native remote control will not serve as it does not have Air Mouse. But you can use a mouse application on your smartphone or buy a more bararo Air Mouse. $ 10.

Sorry my English, I'm from Brazil
Smile!

Link

https://mega.nz/#!XBEQFYKD!yFXRJcMWbuH2G...-sKIPPWMs8
(08-03-2018, 05:29 AM)jnbrasil Wrote: Calm people, there is still hope. There is a solution. There is an application for Android Mobile Version that has a Fix to run Netflix in Full Hd in Box with DRM L1. How the M8S Pro L has this certification will work.
I already tested it and it is working in Full HD, You can confirm that in the synopsis the Logo (HD) will appear.
The inconvenience is that as the application is not Android Tv the native remote control will not serve as it does not have Air Mouse. But you can use a mouse application on your smartphone or buy a more bararo Air Mouse. $ 10.

Sorry my English, I'm from Brazil
Smile!

Link

https://mega.nz/#!XBEQFYKD!yFXRJcMWbuH2G...-sKIPPWMs8

Read this thread..look at the bottom of this page,download the zip..unzip and read:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...oxes/page4
This tool working 100% with these models :
M8S PRO W
M8S PRO L
M8S PRO L 4335

Regards