Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mecool box M8S Pro W reboots intermittently
mecool box M8S Pro W reboots intermittently.

When  the box reboots , with the rooling mecool letters , when the screen comes back , the remote control does not work , nor does the wireless USB mouse work! I have to unplug the power cord, and then the remote and usb sireless mouse both work! Then after awhile intermittently the Mecool box, just rebboot it self back to the rooling MECOOL screen.

Hopefully someone else has had this problem and was able to correct this intermittent fault! The MECOOL box has had the REBOOT issue since NEW!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob
Check the power adapter for start!
Also try a factory reset via recovery mode!
Regards
(08-24-2018, 09:42 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Check the power adapter for start!
Regards

Hello gatos814, thanks for the info:

Power SUPPLY is Perfect , no problem measures 5.2vdc when the mecool REBOOTS.

A factory reset will delete all personal programs, and I will no longer have any programs that came with the M8S Pro W.
So if I decide to do the RESET where can I reload those programs???

BY the way I thought the intermittent rebboting was due to HEATING , so I installed a small fan above the Heat SInk, but that did NOT fix the intermittent reboot?

I received the M8S w as a gift from my son. I was thiking about returning it for Warranty service, it came from CHINA!  BUt I cannot find any WARRANTY info or EMAIl address for the factory??? DO you have any information I can use?

Thanks 
Rob
(08-27-2018, 01:02 AM)rob36 Wrote:
Regards

A factory reset will delete all personal programs, and I will no longer have any programs that came with the M8S Pro W.

BY the way I thought the intermittent rebboting was due to HEATING , so I installed a small fan above the Heat SInk, but that did NOT fix the intermittent reboot?

I received the M8S w as a gift from my son. I was thiking about returning it for Warranty service, it came from CHINA!  BUt I cannot find any WARRANTY info or EMAIl address for the factory??? DO you have any information I can use?

Thanks 
Rob

Hi Rob,
Did you buy the item from Amazon,If so,you should email the seller on Amazon.
Regards

Thanks 
Rob
Let's take things from the beginning....
If you have problems with these tv boxes you must always contact with the seller first (or shop) !
Now it would be something if you could watch parallel and the amperes to see if it's working truly ok!
And one last thing...
With a factory reset all ''mother apps'' will come again as it was!
Regards
(08-27-2018, 10:26 AM)gatos814 Wrote:
Regards

Thanks 
Rob
Let's take things from the beginning....
If you have problems with these tv boxes you must always contact with the seller first (or shop) !
Now it would be something if you could watch parallel and the amperes to see if it's working truly ok!
And one last thing...
With a factory reset all ''mother apps'' will come again as it was!
Regards

Hello gatos814  , Many thanks for your continued support.
the MECOOL Box was purchased on EBAY but was sent from CHINA!
Regarding the Power supply VOltage and current , I simply connected a  known good power supply and got the same intermittent condition, SO the Power supply is NOT the problem.
I followed your recommendation to reset the Android 7.1.1 MECOOL box!
After the factory reset about one half of all the factory loaded programs were erased!

After the reset I wanted to see at what point the intermmitent issue happened.
I first booted up the main Screen and left in on for 2 days, the box continued to work without locking up or rebooting!
Next I clicked on the APPS and left in on the screen for 2 days no lock up or rebooting.
Next I picked an app like YOUTUBE and started a free MOVIE, shortly therafter the MECOOL BOx locked up, it didnt reboot, but all control was lost! Had to unplug the power supply to un lock the box.

SO as far as I can tell, when I try to run any programs the box will either lock up or reboot!

If others are reading this info, I would appreciate if they would comment about .
1.  Were to return the box for Warranty repair , or hopefully provide a FIX!!
At the moment  my MECOOL box is not functioning as it should.
thanks
Robert
One ,two more things .....
Download from playstore a temp app to monitor up the temperature when you use ''hard'' apps!
But from the other, if it's a software issue all this , maybe a firmware update could fix that!
Regards