Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mecool M8S Pro L,issue!
Hi!

I have two Mecool M8S Pro L and they have been working perfectly until a few weeks ago when a new OTA update come.
Now both boxes every now and then sometimes dont start up correctly.They stop at the "circles"going round ,round...and so on.
Then I need to unplug the power,and plug it in again..one or two times..and then the boxes starts.

the fw that come in the OTA was:
Kernel: 3.14.29
Fri Aug 3
Version:
M8S PRO L -Userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L
20180803.173707.VO213
I´m thinking of going back to an older fw.
Does Mecool M8S Pro L have an "recoverybutton"in case it needs to be pushed in during the process?
I can see a small "hole"at the bottom of the box.
Questions:
1.Any one elses got this problem during startups?
2.Recoverybutton that needs to be pushed during the process?
3.Does anyone know where the OTA comes from?..how delivers them,any emailaddr?
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
The tricky with this tv box is that it hasn't a recovery button.....!
So , find the firmware you want to install , in pc mode
The easy way to flash it via usb tool is on this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Za0_B879Y
The harder way is to open the case and short pin 2 edges to get working with usb tool ! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3rWZd7AgG4
Good luck!
New to the forum. I just got my first  M8S PRO L:

Tue Apr 17

Build:
M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L, 20180417.150752.V0213

Updating the OTA:
My OTA is Version 91243021, downloads fine, but the part of the process fails as the installing of the new 47899KB happens. AptoideTv, doesn't download anything. Youtube is the only thing that functions properly. So I reboot and return
to a frustration with a new box.  Got any answers.

Hi!

I have two Mecool M8S Pro L and they have been working perfectly until a few weeks ago when a new OTA update come.
Now both boxes every now and then sometimes dont start up correctly.They stop at the "circles"going round ,round...and so on.
Then I need to unplug the power,and plug it in again..one or two times..and then the boxes starts.

the fw that come in the OTA was:
Fri Aug 3
Version:
M8S PRO L -Userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L
20180803.173707.VO213
I´m thinking of going back to an older fw.
Does Mecool M8S Pro L have an "recoverybutton"in case it needs to be pushed in during the process?
I can see a small "hole"at the bottom of the box.
Questions:
1.Any one elses got this problem during startups?
2.Recoverybutton that needs to be pushed during the process?
3.Does anyone know where the OTA comes from?..how delivers them,any emailaddr?
Hi legacy1812 !
I would do a factory reset!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Good morning Swebolt. I will do as you said and thanks for the help. I wanted to get more of these boxes, but learning the upkeep may slow the process, concerning selling them once configured. Been looking for a dependable worry free box, so far it hasn't happened. Got any suggestions.
Hi
I have the same problem with the last update from August, what should we do? Factory reset? Flash older firmware?
Factory reset is ALWAYS the first line of defence!
Regards
Hi, i also have an issue with this box. When its turned off, its impossible to turn it on again using the voice remote. I have to unplug and plug in the device each time i want to use it. At first i thought it was related to the powerkey usage option, but ive pretty much tried everything and still cant get the device to boot using the remote.
Does turning the device on also work via bt or does it rely on infrared when turned off? If so could the ir part of the remote possibly not be working. Its been more then a month so id have to ship it back to gearbest at my own expense witch is probably not worth it. If i was sure it was the remote it would probly be cheaper to just order a new remote.