Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexbox no sound
Sorry if I’m breaking any rules.
I have Nexbox A1 loaded with Kodi/Krypton17. There is no audio with movie files.
I have a lot of age related (too old) problems with using this equipment because
I don’t know the terminology.

Audio is configured for Digital Audio via HDMI Passthrough. Not a whisper! Tried the
other options for digital audio, including a different HDMI cable. No change. I’m 
afraid to try updating the A1 firmware. I would surely thank any and all who help!??
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
First try to update Kodi to 17.6!
In this version Passthrough is working 100%!
Regards
(10-05-2018, 09:03 AM)gatos814 Wrote: First try to update Kodi to 17.6!
In this version Passthrough is working 100%!
Regards

Got the Krypton 17.6 installed, still no sound.
Any other suggestions? I’l try anything.
Did you go on kodi settings to turn on the Passthrough ?
Regards
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
(10-08-2018, 06:35 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Did you go on kodi settings to turn on the Passthrough ?
Regards

I did. I may have a bad Nexbox. It has trouble finding the WiFi a lot of the time. Have to power down and Reboot a lot. Sometimes after being off for a few days it connects right away, other times it does’nt
find the default WiFi OR any other within range. Unplug/replug power and may startup like it should.
Believe going to have to update firmware, which is still the original.

Slowly driving me up the wall!
Tell me more about the version of your software or better take a photo and upload it from your settings/about media player !
Maybe there is an update or a custom firmware to test it and see if there is any difference
Regards
Hey Gatos,
While taking a picture, as you suggested, I ran across a menu dealing with audio that I hadn’t seen before. I don’t recall what the settings all were, but one was set at Zero. I pushed the slider about half way up, and there is now audio. Thanks for your help.

Now for the next problem. My A1 has a history of not connecting to WiFi, but not all the time.
Any suggestions? Another issue is some where in moving around, a screen pops up saying

Your system is up to date

No
Nothing happens when or if I click on the word NO

Pictures were lousy.

What’s your take on updating firmware. It is still original. Any benefit? 
Thanks again
''not connecting to WiFi'' may be caused from various situations like a bad power adapter!
Now for the updates....
I SUPPORT 100% THE (OFFICIAL) UPDATES!!!
They always solve lots of former issues!
But sometime you have to do the updates manually for other reasons!
So if you have some issues maybe there is an update which can really help you!
Regards
Hey Gatos,
While taking a picture, as you suggested, I ran across a menu dealing with audio that I hadn’t seen before. I don’t recall what the settings all were, but one was set at Zero. I pushed the slider about half way up, and there is now audio. Thanks for your help.

Now for the next problem. My A1 has a history of not connecting to WiFi, but not all the time.
Any suggestions? Another issue is some where in moving around, a screen pops up saying

Your system is up to date

No
Nothing happens when or if I click on the word NO

Pictures were lousy.

What’s your take on updating firmware. It is still original. Any benefit? 
Thanks again
You posted 2 times the same thing!
Please fix it!
Now if you tell me your version i might help you with this!
Regards