Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Please help with firmware update
First, when will this firmware update be available OTA. I have tried to update using the burning tool as instructed on windows xp and windows 7, without success.. I have read all the instructions and spent 40 plus years in the computer business, tried multiple usb cables and ports without success. 

I bought this device BECAUSE it was OTA and recommended it to multiple customers, because it had OTA and I should not have to do this... when will this be available OTA... 

If this will not be available OTA, PLEASE just say so... I will take the units back from my customers and throw them in the garbage and buy something else for them and take the loss...

I'm very disapointed in what should have been a great solution and should have provided my customers with great satisfaction... I thought I was buying the best... please don't let me down, your direction is appreciated.

Thks

Ted
Hi, many many thanks for your support for NEXBOX. The OTA was supposed to be available today or tomorrow, but for the present version the Kodi is not working very well after update, so it may come out next week.

We respect your every decision.
I just got an OTA update hint (message from my A1 box telling me there is an update available)
As it`s past midnight here I`ll leave it for tomorrow.
My box works like it should but I like updates.
I installed the OTA update.
I have not used it much on this firmware but I have not found something weird so far. That`s good as I was happy with the stock firmware and did not want any surprise.
Only that I must copy again the Rii i8+ key layout as it has stopped working with the custom layout I had put before.

Ohh, I got an error during update, the zip could not be unzipped or something like this. I ejected the USB drive and tried again. It went flawlessly.
(11-29-2016, 05:27 PM)spiros Wrote: I installed the OTA update.
I have not used it much on this firmware but I have not found something weird so far. That`s good as I was happy with the stock firmware and did not want any surprise.
Only that I must copy again the Rii i8+ key layout as it has stopped working with the custom layout I had put before.

Ohh, I got an error during update, the zip could not be unzipped or something like this. I ejected the USB drive and tried again. It went flawlessly.

Now which is the version number you see?
is the same as the A1 latest firmware "NEXBOX-A1_ap6330_16g2g_kodi_addons_forcergb_161018" ?
Angry  I'm sorry to say that the new firmware downloaded via the OTA does not install properly. I accepted the 647.80 mb download and told the system to update now..... at that point the system seemed to be doing something for a few minutes, went into reboot mode and circled around with nothing on the screen but reboot and the spinning reboot icon...

It never left the reboot icon status.... after 45 minutes I powered it down, and restated the system and I'm trying the down load and installation again.... the device never entered into recovery mode... is this something we have to do manually, or should it happen automatically ? since the onscreen prompt asked me to ensure that I have at least 30% battery charge, I assume tthat this software is generic, and or there are English translation issues.

Huh Huh  disapointed   Huh Huh

Ted
Except that I had to eject the USB drive the OTA update went smoothly, nothing else I had to do. It took a while to boot though.

The version is 201611211550 I think (from what I remember). Which is 21/11/2016 but in the update it mention that this was released or made at 24/11 or so which is quite interesting as they must have made a last minute change but left the filename/file version the same.

I lost the restart option and now I had to set power button to off so to make a restart. Is there anywhere else a restart option?
I normally have the power button set to suspend so I never have to run the test video and it boots (actually resumes) right away.

I never installed an update before. The stock firmware was 20160923 and it run with no problems to me. I updated just to be up to date just in case it corrects something I may find useful in future.
How long did it cycle around in the reboot screen ?.... I have usb dongle in one of the usb ports for my Bonusis remote with the keyboard on the back of it... I wonder if this is affecting the upgrade... did you have to do anything else with the box, mine are stock, except for the usb dongle the the different remote...

Did you have to eventually power it off ? Did you get any other messages ?

Thks
Indeed, in the newer versions the restart option is gone and i'm trying to convince the admin and their developers that a fully power menu should be "a must have" in this tv box also with one task killer button in the multitasking navigation bar menu!
Now the strange thing is , why you had a succesful update while Ted not!
Dam good question, again, stuck in reboot mode... so minutes... nothing... press power off button... get "power off prompt" ... press ok.. system powers off... power system back on... ex box boot logo... boots system info shows....

Nexbox-a1-201609231701

Is this the latest...

..?????