Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware OTA Ver. NEXBOX-A95X-AP6330-6.0.1-20161129-1844 Released Today Dec 5th
New Firmware OTA Ver. NEXBOX-A95X-AP6330-6.0.1-20161129-1844 Released Today (Dec 5th 2016)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=77]

Today , the above firmware became available as a "OTA" (over the air) update.

I have installed this update on my own A95x (s905x) , and can report the following after some initial testing..

1) The update still works even if you previously the TWRP recovery installed. This does take a while for Android to "upgrade" but it does install the update fine. Note: Applying this update does re-install the original Android Stock recovery. So if you had already installed the TWRP recovery , you will have to re-install it again after applying this update.
2) No user data is wiped. That is, all your existing settings are retained.
3) Upon the first reboot , you are presented with a setup Wizard , that asks basic questions , but as said above , all user data is retained.
4) The "change log" is very short on details (Admin can we have more details?) , but I have noticed a couple of things:
a) A New Setting item has been added to the main settings screen - HDMI-CEC - there is also a sub menu with various options. The page located here is a very good page that details what HDMI-CEC is:
http://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-e...ou-should/
b) A settings New menu item - Force RGB Output ,has been added to the display section of settings. This is to fix some colour issues some users are having with some older TV's.

See Screen shots of these new settings items..

Please report any other findings of this new firmware in this thread , and I will update the FAQ that is being released soon by Yuval and myself..

[Image: attachment.php?aid=78]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Friz's Nexbox File Repository:
https://mega.nz/#F!F9xjTSSa!R0vJfTC2U6Qc2skNMrr1iQ
Friz's Nexbox A95x (s905x), A1/A3 Facebook Page: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nexboxcrazy/
It's the same version as https://mega.nz/#F!41AlnCwA!2l7BnhyM5bacFT4DVCNTaA (cyx_NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_ap6330_16g2g_kodi_addons_161105_SD_USB.rar) customized for OTA?
2) No user data is wiped. That is, all your existing settings are retained.

After updated to new released, the location setting has to be re-entered for weather information.

All other informations remained unchange.

Big Grin
(12-07-2016, 03:23 PM)ralph Wrote: 2) No user data is wiped. That is, all your existing settings are retained.

After updated to new released, the location setting has to be re-entered for weather information.

Big Grin

This is strange I just checked , mine stayed the same for some reason.. at leat we did not have to re-instal EVERYTHING lol

(12-07-2016, 01:49 PM)king555 Wrote: It's the same version as https://mega.nz/#F!41AlnCwA!2l7BnhyM5bacFT4DVCNTaA (cyx_NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_ap6330_16g2g_kodi_addons_161105_SD_USB.rar) customized for OTA?

@king555

We really do not know if its EXACTLY the same. As the change-log for both is NOT the same, but at the same time is very , very vague. Maybe Admin or Nexbox1 can clarify this for us all? , and provide a detailed Change-log please?
(12-07-2016, 03:23 PM)ralph Wrote: 2) No user data is wiped. That is, all your existing settings are retained.

Big Grin

Big Grin

Kindly provide link the latest firmware for nexbox1g 8g version?

(12-07-2016, 04:13 PM)rajawaqas Wrote:

Big Grin

Big Grin

When I update my nexbox a95x 1g 8g then system update notify me that's ur firmware is updated version 1104?where is that firware that's all of u mention above?

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

When I update my nexbox a95x 1g 8g then system update notify me that's ur firmware is updated version 1104?where is that firware that's all of u mention above?

The Firmware update mentioned in this thread is a "OTA" (over the air) update. If its available for your Nexbox , go to the "check for update" area in settings. It will automatically check for a update (if you are connected to the Internet). If it does not find one , then I can only presume one is not yet available for your unit..
(12-07-2016, 04:48 PM)friz Wrote:

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

The Firmware update mentioned in this thread is a "OTA" (over the air) update. If its available for your Nexbox , go to the "check for update" area in settings. It will automatically check for a update (if you are connected to the Internet). If it does not find one , then I can only presume one is not yet available for your unit..

Today I was updated my firmware through sethings...about...system update option...after updation my firmware version become 201611181515?
(12-07-2016, 04:55 PM)rajawaqas Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 04:48 PM)friz Wrote:

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

Today I was updated my firmware through sethings...about...system update option...after updation my firmware version become 201611181515?

Very Strange...
I'm on firmware from 2016.11.05 (as on Nexbox firmware link for A95X 2G/16G) upgraded offline from SD card and no OTA update.... it seems that the both versions (OTA and SD) are identical concerning changes...
Perhaps admin will clarify... :-)
(12-07-2016, 05:39 PM)king555 Wrote: I'm on firmware from 2016.11.05 (as on Nexbox firmware link for A95X 2G/16G) upgraded offline from SD card and no OTA update.... it seems that the both versions (OTA and SD) are identical concerning changes...
Perhaps admin will clarify... :-)

I've both operating system libreelec run from sd class 10 card fast and smoothly and andriod..but when I update from ota then firmware number is entirely different and updated from usb burning tools that's time firmware number is different...it's very strange?